Training in the workplace, especially in the manufacturing industry, is critical. Ineffective training adversely affects almost every aspect of the workplace:
- Improper implementation of processes can lead to bottlenecks. Assembly lines and other operations may run slowly or not at all.
- Shortcuts and cutting corners may result in defective, poor quality products.
- Poor product quality can result in the waste of expensive materials
- Violating standard operating procedures can create significant safety risks for employees Continue reading Who Wants A Train Wreck?
3 MYTHS ABOUT SECURITY IN SCHOOLS
Biometric security seems pretty cool in the movie theater but how real is all this nifty stuff? You know, the retinal scans, thermal finger and hand prints, face mapping. How realistic are those security technologies? Are they practical? Do they make sense for protecting your business?
It is clear that computer hackers aren’t going to go away – ever. For many hackers, getting into people’s digital lives and businesses is fun. For others, it’s profitable. And fun and profit are the two reasons it’s never going to go away.
What Does School Safety Look Like In Your District?
We all know that school safety is on every parent’s mind these days. Are we really moving forward to protect our schools? We all know that schools are taking some steps to increase safety. Here are some steps we have seen most schools take:
- Access control security systems are now present in most schools. Buzzers must be pushed and access is granted on an individual basis at the entrances to a school building.
- School visitors must sign in at the front of the office, display a visitor’s badge, and be assigned an escort who stays with the visitor while on school property.
- Alarm systems are becoming more common as well, often connected to the access control security system and the fire alarm system.
Continue reading Are We Really Moving Forward To Protect Our Schools?
Alarm, Access Control, & Security Cameras