How prepared are you if something really bad happens? Ok, maybe not Biblical proportions like the apocalyptic situation in the movie Ghostbusters. But definitely more than a glitch or blip.
I am talking about tornados. I am talking about fires. I am talking about malware. I am talking about ransomware. I am talking about situations where you lose buildings, equipment, inventory, and data.
Can your business weather days or weeks or months offline?
Crashed computers and what we think
A new client came to us and told us there was a power black-out at his business. At first, he thought it was no big deal. He could just … do nothing. He quickly realized that the computers were the center of his business. He couldn’t correspond with clients, work on the books, checks sales, check inventory, or even get the payroll processed. The lines stood frozen and silent. His company was at a complete and total standstill.
And he wasn’t dealing with major physical losses – he was dealing with a power outage.
Down systems and reality
What would happen to your company? While it’s an awful thing to have to replace equipment, supplies, and materials, it’s devastating to lose your data.
What could you lose?
- Bookkeeping and accounting records
- Employee data
- Customer lists
- Sales data – historical and current
- Equipment and tooling programs
- Contracts, agreements, and other legal documents
That is just the tip of the iceberg and, just like the Titanic, this iceberg can sink your company.
Are you okay being down a day? A few days? Or not at all? The odds are against you that your business will at some point have to deal with a disaster – perhaps a mild one with a power outage or short circuit in the wiring, perhaps a twist of nature that comes your way, perhaps you are targeted by hackers with malware or ransomware. Are you ready for it?
Preparation is key to prevention
Conzer Security knows that security is not limited to surveillance video security cameras and access controls. We know that security also includes making sure that your systems and data will not be lost or jeopardized in the case of a disaster. We recommend you implement two prime solutions.
- Backing up and restoring data is a complex matter but getting your business up and running as quickly as possible relies on addressing that complexity.
- Ongoing maintenance of systems in place, both physically and electronically. Check on the health of the equipment and make sure updates are made in the software. Simple maintenance can prevent outages and crashes. Simple maintenance can prevent that annoying crash that locks up your facility. Simple maintenance can prevent the facility from locking, making it vulnerable.
Preparedness is your best defense.
Those who recover from a disaster are those who have prepared for it ahead of time.
Contact Conzer Security to help you design a disaster recovery program that can save your business when it’s facing its greatest challenge.